Abstract Submission Now Open: Deadline is October 12, 2022
You are invited to submit abstracts for poster and/or oral presentation at the Joint CDDW™-CLM 2023 Meeting, hosted by the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology (CAG), Canadian Association for the Study of the Liver (CASL), the Canadian Association of Hepatology Nurses (CAHN), CanNASH and the Canadian Network on Hepatitis C (CanHepC) on March 3-5, 2023 as an onsite meeting. A limited number of abstracts will be selected for oral presentation.
Please read this Call for Abstracts information carefully before accessing the abstract submission form.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- Notification Date: Mid-November
Meeting Section & Submission Topics:
CanHepC & CLM:
- Viral Hepatitis - Clinical Science & Models of Care
- Viral Hepatitis - Biomedical/Basic Science
- Viral Hepatitis - Epidemiology/Public Health
CanNASH & CLM:
- NAFLD/NASH - Clinical Science & Models of Care
- NAFLD/NASH - Biomedical/Basic Science
- NAFLD/NASH - Epidemiology/Public Health
- Cellular & Molecular Gastroenterology
- Clinical Practice
- Endoscopy, Technology & Imaging
- Esophageal, Gastric & Duodenal Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Oncology
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases: Mechanisms and Treatments
- Intestinal Disorders
- Liver & Biliary Disease
- Microbiome & Microbial Therapy
- Neurogastroenterology & Motility
- Obesity, Metabolism & Nutrition
- Pancreatic Disorders
- Other liver disease - Clinical Science & Models of Care
- Other liver disease - Biomedical/Basic Science
- Other liver disease - Epidemiology/Public Health
Please note that the Abstract Review Committee reserves the right to re-categorize any abstract as deemed appropriate.
Abstracts will undergo a peer-review process. The Abstract Review Committee will assess each abstract based on its adherence to format, scientific merit, and alignment with the overall conference themes. Authors of abstracts selected for presentation will be contacted via email by in mid-November and invited to present either a poster or oral presentation at the meeting.
All selected abstracts will be made available to the Conference participants in electronic format, on the conference website.
Additionally, abstracts that are confirmed for presentation in mid-November will be published in the Canadian Liver Journal or Journal of the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology respectively.
Mitigation of Bias
- Presentations must present a balanced view of the available therapeutic options. Brand names of pharmaceuticals and trade names of medical devices should not be used in the title or body of the abstract. Use of generic names will contribute to impartiality.
- The Abstract Review Committee reserves the right to change the abstract if they feel that the use of a trade name may be mistaken for commercial propaganda and may replace proprietary names with generic names. In addition, logos or images of products that include a trade name or representing a commercial interest will be removed prior to presentation and publication.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
The presenting authors of abstracts selected for oral presentation will be required to complete and submit a Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest form after they are invited to present. Disclosures are due on or before the RSVP deadline.
Abtract Form Submission
Please use the official online abstract submission form only.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the official online submission form.
- Abstracts must identify the presenting author along with email address and phone number.
- Please use standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parenthesis after the full word when it appears for the first time.
- Errors, misspellings and incorrect abbreviations will not be corrected.
- Minimize the use of charts as this detail is not used to evaluate the merit of your abstract.
- Abstracts must not exceed 3000 characters (excluding the abstract heading).
- An individual may submit more than one abstract. One official online submission is required for each abstract.
- There is no fee to submit abstract(s).
- Edits to submitted abstracts may be made up to the submission deadline. Instructions for making edits can be found on the online abstract submission form.
- All submitters must identify whether their abstract has been previously submitted and/or published.
- Only one abstract submission for GRIT and Research Topics are allowed per person. Please note that the abstract you submit to GRIT or Research Topics will automatically be submitted to the core conference.
Presentation at the Meeting
- A number of abstracts will be selected for oral presentation; indicate on the submission form whether you are interested in being considered for an oral presentation.
- If an abstract is accepted for oral presentation, the presenter(s) agree(s) to register for the conference and pay the appropriate conference registration fee. Presenters will receive a code to register at the Early Bird reduced rate.
- The Conference will not cover expenses of those presenting posters, or giving an oral presentation based on an abstract submission. Abstract submitters who may be eligible to receive such funding will be contacted separately regarding these opportunities.
- Further details regarding presentation formatting will be sent to accepted abstract presenters at a later date.
By submitting abstracts to the conference, submitters authorize, upon acceptance, the permission to reproduce their abstract in the conference proceedings to be published in the Canadian Liver Journal or Journal of the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology and on the conference website.
For More Information
Joint CDDW™-CLM Meeting
c/o MCI Group Canada
Abstract Questions: CDDWCLMabstracts@mci-agency.com